Wednesday, July 8, 2009

novice sewing

So I've been teaching myself to sew. i have had a sewing machine for a long time, but I have always been intimidated. Finally I unpacked it, dusted it off, and read through the manual. Broken threads or needles can't stop me now. I am proud to say that I have managed my way through several sewing machine malfunctions. Here are my first couple of projects:

This top use to be a very cute dress. It had a crochet panel across the chest that continued as the straps, which got weirdly stretched out. I love the fabric and pockets. So I made it a smock (based on a pattern for a child's artist smock)!

A lovely little bag from upcycled fabric scraps. Though I liked making this bag, I want to incorporate my illustration into the things I sew, either original designs or illustrated fabrics I create myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment